Handmade shoes are often considered to be the best shoes a man can buy for a variety of reasons. From durability and comfort to style and customization, there are many benefits to investing in a pair of handmade shoes. In this blog post, we'll explore the reasons why handmade shoes are worth the investment and compare two popular construction methods: Goodyear welted shoes and Blake shoes.
Durability: Handmade shoes are often constructed with higher quality materials and more attention to detail than mass-produced shoes. This can result in a longer lifespan for the shoes, saving the wearer money in the long run.
Comfort: Handmade shoes are often made to fit the wearer's foot more precisely, resulting in a more comfortable fit. This can be especially beneficial for those with foot issues or those who are on their feet for long periods of time.
Style: Handmade shoes are often crafted with a higher level of attention to detail and a focus on aesthetics. This can result in a more stylish and unique look compared to mass-produced shoes.
Customization: Many handmade shoe makers offer the option for customers to customize their shoes, allowing the wearer to create a unique pair of shoes that is tailored to their specific needs and preferences.
Support for small businesses: Purchasing handmade shoes often means supporting small businesses and craftspeople, rather than large, multinational corporations. This can help to support local economies and communities.
When it comes to construction methods, there are two main types of handmade shoes: Goodyear welted shoes and Blake shoes.
Goodyear welted shoes:
- Goodyear welted shoes are made using a stitching method that involves attaching the insole to the upper using a series of stitches that run around the perimeter of the insole.
- This construction method results in a durable, long-lasting shoe that is resistant to water and wear.
- Goodyear welted shoes are often considered to be more formal and are a popular choice for dress shoes.
- Blake shoes are made using a construction method that involves attaching the insole directly to the upper using a single, continuous stitch.
- This construction method results in a lighter and more flexible shoe, but may not be as durable as Goodyear welted shoes.
- Blake shoes are often considered to be more casual and are a popular choice for everyday wear.
In conclusion, handmade shoes offer a number of benefits that make them a great investment for anyone looking for a high-quality, comfortable, and stylish pair of shoes. They are constructed with care and attention to detail and are often made to fit the wearer's foot more precisely. In addition, the option for customization allows the wearer to create a unique pair of shoes that is tailored to their specific needs and preferences. When it comes to construction methods, Goodyear welted shoes and Blake shoes are both popular options, each with their own benefits and suitable for different occasions and purposes.